29/5/2026 - 26/7/2026 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Wee Jun Jie / 0375271
UX Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project Progression Summary
Wee Jun Jie / 0375271
UX Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project Progression Summary
Instructions
Progression
Progression
Week 01-03 - Knowing each other
Over the past three weeks, we mainly focused on
learning what UX is and teaming up with our classmates
for this semester’s project. We are required to
collaborate with a business team on a UX project,
which can be either a website or an app. Before doing
so, we needed to choose a topic and conduct relevant
market research. The PPT below is the compiled market
research put together by our team members.
Competitor Research
Week 14 - Product Presentation
Week 04 - User Interview
This week, each of us found two real users to conduct research and uncover the genuine thoughts of potential customers. After a week of gathering research, we returned to class, where our lecturer showed us how to break down user feedback using a "splitting notes" technique. By grouping similar points together, we gained a clear, structured understanding of how our product should be designed.
Week 05-06 - Personas & User Journey Map
Having collected valuable user data, we conducted a thorough analysis to establish our target user personas and developed corresponding scenarios for each persona.
Week 11-12 - Feedback
We submitted our design to the client and didn't receive much feedback on areas for improvement, so we consulted our lecturer for advice. He gave us great suggestions—he advised us to evaluate our color usage and guided us through reviewing the product from the user's perspective. He pointed out that users wouldn't want to fill out so much personal data right at the beginning when they don't even know the product yet. Additionally, he noted that the double scrolling feature felt unnatural and cumbersome to use and recommended that we revise all of these issues.
This week, each of us found two real users to conduct research and uncover the genuine thoughts of potential customers. After a week of gathering research, we returned to class, where our lecturer showed us how to break down user feedback using a "splitting notes" technique. By grouping similar points together, we gained a clear, structured understanding of how our product should be designed.
Week 05-06 - Personas & User Journey Map
Having collected valuable user data, we conducted a thorough analysis to establish our target user personas and developed corresponding scenarios for each persona.
Week 07-08 -
Class
Activities
This week was
special because I
learned about the
MOSCOW
prioritization
method, which I
hadn't covered in
my previous UI/UX
classes. It was a
very fulfilling
week with plenty
of in-class
activities. We
also started
meeting with the
business team to
discuss how to
kick off their
product
design.
Week 09 -
Meet up
Business
Team
After
discussing
with the
business team,
we felt that
while their
ideas were
good, they
would be quite
difficult to
execute in a
short
timeframe. So,
we shared our
own
perspective:
having too
many food
options not
only hurts the
customer
buying
experience but
also requires
a massive
warehouse for
the central
kitchen to
store
inventory. As
for the UI,
they took our
advice, loved
our concept,
and gave us
the go-ahead
to
proceed.
Week 10 - Framework
Design for the client
Week 11-12 - Feedback
We submitted our design to the client and didn't receive much feedback on areas for improvement, so we consulted our lecturer for advice. He gave us great suggestions—he advised us to evaluate our color usage and guided us through reviewing the product from the user's perspective. He pointed out that users wouldn't want to fill out so much personal data right at the beginning when they don't even know the product yet. Additionally, he noted that the double scrolling feature felt unnatural and cumbersome to use and recommended that we revise all of these issues.
Week 13 - Refine and Final
Product Prototype
Final Design
Final Design
Prototype
REFLECTION
In this module, I learned new concepts that I hadn't come across before, and I don't regret taking it at all. However, it was somewhat mentally and physically exhausting because I feel this subject requires a baseline knowledge of UI/UX. For example, during group activities, the workload distribution was uneven because some teammates weren't familiar with the course and couldn't offer much help. Thank you, Sir, for your valuable feedback—I'll definitely share what I've learned with friends who are interested!
In this module, I learned new concepts that I hadn't come across before, and I don't regret taking it at all. However, it was somewhat mentally and physically exhausting because I feel this subject requires a baseline knowledge of UI/UX. For example, during group activities, the workload distribution was uneven because some teammates weren't familiar with the course and couldn't offer much help. Thank you, Sir, for your valuable feedback—I'll definitely share what I've learned with friends who are interested!


.jpg)

